Skip To Content

Last item for navigation

Obtaining a Certified Copy of a Vital Record:

To obtain a certified copy of a vital record, you may fill out, sign, and submit attached Application for Certified Copy of a Vital Record or come to our office in person. You must comply with NJ State laws in order to obtain a certified copy of a vital record. Therefore, information on identification requirements, as well as who may request your vital record is provided by linking to the attachment.

Correcting a Vital Record:

The Registrar of Vital Statistics is also responsible for processing requests intended to amend or correct a vital record. In most cases, the State Office of Vital Statistics must authorize these corrections before the Perth Amboy Registrar may be able to issue certified copies of the vital record.

For supplementary information on how to request a correction to a vital record, please call (732) 826-1690 or visit our office.